Komu

Komu

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Training March 17th, 2012

After a hard training session, and a visit to the lake with Kelsy, Komu slept soundly in his "broken neck" position.  He often chooses to sleep like this.  It hardly seems possible.  I know I wouldn't survive having my neck twisted like that.

Komu searched for Cheeto at Bicentennial Park in Tukwila.  It snowed, but the snow didn't stick.  We searched longr this time, about ten minutes and a quarter mile, before closing in on Cheeto.  I knew we were close because Cheeto's minder sat nearby, but I didn't know the exact location.  I could tell we were getting close because of Komu's excitement.  He pulled hard in one direction instead of weaving, and he whined.  He went past Cheeto's carrier once, and checked out the minder, who probably smelled like Cheeto.  Then Komu circled around and found the back side of the carrier.  I didn't know he had found the carrier because I couldn't see into the bushes.  He quickly came around to the front, and whined and wagged at seeing Cheeto in the carrier.  He got his cheese treats, which made him bark.  Very cold and wet conditions with little wind.

Now for Seattle, WA (98188)

Temp: 36°F
Feels like: 31°F
Snow
Humidity: 92%
Wind: SSW 5 mph

Another thing Komu did on this search that I liked was that he jumped right up onto the picnic tables and retaining walls when I asked him, "Check this."  Kelsy would have a hard time making the jump, but Komu floated up as if gravity didn't work on him.

Komu got his new vest a little muddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment